Athens Medical Group’s Departments are considered European and Global Centers of Reference and Excellence
- The Clinic of General, Laparoscopic, Bariatric and Robotic Surgery of Athens Medical Center a Center of Excellence for Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery by the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO).
- Athens Medical Center’s Hand Trauma Center is accredited by the Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the Hand (FESSH).
- Athens Medical Center is an established by the International Association of Surgeons, Gastroenterologists, and Oncologists (IASGO), Continuing Medical Education Center for postgraduate studies.
- Athens Medical Center applies the innovative Interstitial Brachytherapy method under CT or Ultrasound based 3D planning.
- Breast Clinic of Athens Medical Center is a full member of the international Breast Centers Network.
- The European Interbalkan Medical Center is an official MRCOG Examination and Education Center by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG).
- The European Interbalkan Medical Center is a Collaborating Center of Sports Medicine Worldwide by the International Federation of Sports Medicine (FIMS).
- The European Interbalkan Medical Center is, according to Joimax GmbH (Germany), a Reference Center in SE Europe for training doctors in the method of transforaminal endoscopic surgery for the treatment of herniated intervertebral disc.