Director, Orthopaedic Surgery Clinic
PhD: National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, General Hospital of Attica “KAT”, April 1995.
Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery: National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, General Hospital of Attica “KAT”, October 1998.
Diploma of Medicine: University of Belgrade, Medical School, Serbia, December 1988.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Dec 1990 - Apr 1992: General Doctor, Ierapetra, Crete, Greece.
May 1992 - Jun 1993: Resident in General Surgery, Ierapetra General Hospital of Crete, Greece.
Jul - 1993 - Jun 1998: Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery, The General Hospital of Attica "KAT" Orthopaedic Clinic, University of Athens, Medical School, Greece.
Jan 1999 - Today: Orthopaedic surgeon, private practice
June 2000 - Sept 2000: Research Associate, National Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, General Hospital “KAT”, Orthopaedic Clinic.
Sept 2000 - May 2003: Orthopaedic Surgeon, 1st Orthopaedic Surgical Clinic, “Errikos Dynan” Hospital, Athens, Greece
Oct 2003 - May 2012: Associate-director, 1st Orthopaedic Surgical Clinic, “Errikos Dynan” Hospital, Athens, Greece
June 2012 – Nov 2013: Director, 1st Orthopaedic Surgical Clinic, “Errikos Dynan” Hospital, Athens, Greece
Nov 2013 - Today: Director, Orthopaedic Surgical Clinic, Iatriko Kentro Athinon
Hellenic Society for Orthopaedic Surgery
Hellenic Society for Bone Metabolism Research
- D. Korres, P. Nikiforidis, N. Papandreou, A. Zoubos, G. Babis, I. Tsarouchas, V. Lycomitros. (1997) The significance of rotation in fracture - separation of the articular pillar of the lower cervical vertebra. A clinical and cadaveric study. Acta Orthopaedica Scand. (Suppl. 275); 68: pp. 17 -20.
- G. Sapkas, D. Stathakopoulos, G. Babis, J. Tsarouchas. (1998) Hydated disease of bones and joints - 8 cases followed for 4 -16 years. Acta Orthopaedica Scand; 69(1): pp. 89 - 94.
- S.G. Tzagarakis, P. Papagelopoulos, G. Sapkas, J. Tsarouchas. (1998) Surgical management for instability and paraplegia caused by spinal sarcoidosis - a case report. Spine ; 23(15): pp. 1711 – 1714.
- P. Nikiforidis, G. Babis, J. Tsarouchas, G. Koudis, D. Korres. (1998) Ρatellar fractures: contemporary approach to operative treatment, using different types of the tension band principles. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology.
- D. Korres, P. Papagelopoulos, G. Petrou, G. Tzagarakis, P. Triantafylidis, J. Tsarouchas, G. Koudis. (1999) Occult fracture dislocation of the cervical spine. European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Traumatology 9: pp. 195 -199.
- G. Babis, P. Papagelopoulos, J. Tsarouchas. (2000) Maisoneuve fracture of the proximal fibula operative treatment and outcome of 26 cases. Orthopedics 23:7.
- D.S. Korres, G.C. Babis, H. Paraskevakou, K. Stamos, J. Tsarouhas, V. Lykomitros. (2000) Spontaneous interbody fusion after controlled injuries to the spine: an experimental study in rabbits. Journal of Spinal Disorders, Vol. 13, No 1, pp. 31 – 35.
- T. Karahalios, G. Babis, J. Tsarouhas, G. Sapkas, T. Pantazopoulos. (2000) The clinical performance of a small diameter tibia nailing with a mechanical distal aiming device. Injury, 1; 31 (6): pp. 451 – 459.
- G. Babis, J. Tsarouchas, PJ Boscainos, GP. Tzagarakis, T Pantazopoulos. (2002) Removal of the well-bonded distal part of a non-cilindrical broken femoral stem ( Autophor 900S ) wit hallow trephine reamers – report of two cases. Acta Orthop Scand 73(4):478-480.
CLINICAL AND RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Arthritis of large joints (total hip and knee replacement) with minimum invasive methods (ASI).
- Revisions of total hip and knee replacement. Serious interventions requiring significant experience.
- Sports injuries (Arthroscopic surgery of large joints, rupture of anterior cruciate ligament, mosaic plasty, chondrocyte transplantation, restoration of tendon rupture).
- Traumatology (Direct and modern restoration of all fractures)
- Clinical study: "Comparative results of total hip arthroplasty minimally invasive (ASI) and total hip arthroplasty with a posterior approach" Scientific Coordinator.
- Participation in the Research Project: "comparative study of bone mineral density femoral neck between osteoporotic and osteoarthritic patients," Principal Investigator: P. Papaioannou, Associate Professor of the University of Athens.
- Participation in the Research Protocol: (KEED 89/07): Amgen 20060289 study entitled: "An open clinical trial of a therapeutic leg extension delivery denosumab (AMG 162) for the assessment of long-term safety and maintenance of efficacy in treating of postmenopausal osteoporosis.