• Robotic- Laparoscopic treatment of urinary tract tumors (kidney, ureter, bladder, prostate)
• Gynecologic Urology (incontinence, genital prolapse)
• Robotic and Laparoscopic Reconstructive Urology (congenital anomalies and malformations, iatrogenic strictures of urinary tract, retroperitoneal disease)
• Endoscopic treatment of stone disease and prostate hyperplasia
• Male genital disease (infertility, tumors, sexual dysfunction)
EDUCATION - EXPERIENCE
Born in Athens on June 15, 1968.
He graduated from high school Lycée Patission (ecole franco-hellenique).
Languages: (English-Proficiency, French-Diplome de la Sorbonne II).
He specialized in the Urology University Department of Laikon Hospital in Athens and the University Urology Clinic of Saint Louis Hospital in Paris.
He worked as a research associate in the Department of Urology, University Hospital of Rennes for 2 years (2001-2003), where he was specialized in endourology, gynecological urology and kidney transplants.
Then he received training in laparoscopic and robotic urological surgery at the Saint Augustin Clinic in Bordeaux (2003-2004) and the center IRCAD / EITS in Strasbourg.
In 2008 he was named Doctor of Medicine, University of Athens.
From 2008 he has been appointed faculty member of the Educational Laparoscopic Urologic Research Center School of Cancer and Telesurgery (IRCAD / EITS), a Division of Medicine at the University of Strasbourg.
He is a vice president of Laparoscopic and Robotic urological education in Greece as well as member of the Association of young European Robotic Urologists (ERUS juniors).
He has been Head of Urology Department B’ in “Henri Dunant Hospital” (2011-2013).
He is actually Head of the Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgery Department in "Athens Medical Center".
HONORS – AWARDS – LICENCES - MEMBRESHIP
- Scholarship of the Greek Association of Urology (2000)
- European Board of Urology, FEBU (2001)
- Provisional Certificate on receipt of the laparoscopic surgery, University Diploma (Strasbourg/France 2003)
- Certificate of Off-Site Training As a Console Surgeon (da Vinci Surgical System-2008).
- Two prices in Greek Urological congresses (2007, 2009) concerning laparoscopic technique in prostate and renal cancer
- 1st price for the best poster presentation concerning the laparoscopic technique in renal stone disease (International meeting in stone disease, Dubai, 2012)
Urology Department Address: 56, Kifissias Avenue & Delfon, Maroussi 15125, Athens
Secretariat Tel/Fax: +30 210 6862181
Office Address: 89-91, Kifissias Avenue, Ampelokipoi 11523, Athens
Secretariat Tel: +30 210 6926452, +30 6938 100 110
Fax +30 210 6926512